Thursday, February 3, 2011

homestudy #1 visit... :)

We had our first homestudy visit from our social worker!! It is so exciting to f-i-n-a-l-l-y say this! It is a major milemarker for us. I rushed home to meet the social worker at 3:30 and the meeting lasted about 2 hrs. She asked us everything under the sun, including how we met, religious preference and how we will or will not include it in child rearing (we will!), discipline plan, day care plan (no day care is the plan), how John and I delegate tasks, guardianship, life insurance, health insurance for our child, multiracial family awareness, our knowledge of Ethiopian culture, how we will integrate that into the home, family support or lack thereof (our family is super supportive), how John and I resolve disagreements....um... the list goes on, my brain is fried. It went really well, and there is a follow up visit on Feb 16th for final review. To make today even more interesting, I had my first observation in student teaching, which went well :) What a day!!!

2 comments:

  1. WELL DONE TO YOU BOTH. CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYTHING. I WILL PARY THAT EVERYTHING CONTINUES AONG THIS HAPPY ROAD FOR YOU BOTH. DEBBS xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job John and Amy! I wonder though how you can raise a child without ANY daycare? You both work! Even if you work different shifts, there still has to be time to sleep. How is that going to work out? Also, how's the fund raising going? Have you updated your "thermometer" lately?

    ReplyDelete