Sunday, September 5, 2010

September 5, 2010

Update time!

The biggest update is that John and I are looking at Children's Hope International at Ethiopia. The story behind this is interesting, and I believe God-inspired. We were pursuing buying a larger house and renting our current house out. The lady we were planning to buy from is a teacher at the school I work at. When I talked to her, I felt led to explain to her that we were pursuing the house in order to prepare for adopting and starting our family. When I told her, she said "oh my gosh, I have goosebumps. My husband and I tried for three years to adopt. It didn't work out for us, but it makes me so happy to think of my house being used for that". It was such a God moment. She went into more detail about how we need to make sure we are working with a good agency. She recommended Hope International, and she was SO right so far! Sadly, it's not working out for us to buy that house because it's too financially risky for the agency to approve us, but I KNOW God has plans :)

We have been in communication with a consultant from CHI, who is really helpful with information, regarding finances, the process, paperwork, etc. Can I just say it is NOT easy. These are our labor pains. I am glad it is not easy because it means more when we have to work for it and it will mean more. When I start to feel overwhelmed by everything ahead of us, all I think about is a child from a documentary we watched called "Invisible Children", about children in Uganda, and what they go through. Their suffering is horrific, as they go into hiding in order to escape being forced into the child army constructed for overturning the government and torturing and murdering. The older children who speak English speak out about how they want people to know they exist at least. One child said "Maybe you won't remember us, but if in a month you can remember us, please pray". I REMEMBER everyday and am waiting to take our baby out of that.

So, we're starting to tell people, which is REALLY fun. One of my favorites has been telling some of the teens in our youth group. Their reaction was so supportive and excited! They are arguing over who gets to babysit, what sports our kid will play, and what we should name him or her.

It is so much fun researching the history of Ethiopia and looking at pictures of Ethiopian babies, trying to guess what he or she will look like. We think it will be a boy because the waiting time is shorter for boys right now.

Anyway, here are my thoughts, put together or not :) God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment